Specialty Medications in Plymouth
At Superior Compounding Pharmacy in Plymouth, MI, we compound Specialty Medications such as pain medications that allow for perfectly customized treatments. Placing one or more analgesic ingredients in a topical cream, a medication can be applied directly to the site of injury for better relief.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
What is specialty compounding?
Specialty compounding in Plymouth, MIis the process of preparing medications that are prescribed specifically to fit a patient’s medication requirements, consider his restrictions and cater to his special needs.
Unlike a traditional prescription or over the country drug, a specialty medication is made exactly to the unique needs of a patient to ensure that it offers the maximum effect and reduce the risks for side effects and complications.
Aside from customizing a medication’s dosage, a specialty compounding pharmacy can also adjust the strength, formula, flavor and even route to fit the patient’s needs.
Pharmacists can also create a customized medication that takes into account a patient’s restrictions. Some of the most common examples are sugar-free, preservative-free or dye-free compounded medications.
The benefits of a sterile compounding pharmacy
The unique process of sterile compounding has become beneficial not only to patients but also to different medical professionals:
- With the help of a specialty compounding pharmacy , patients can now enjoy the benefits of taking medications that are specifically made for their needs.
All these medications are made from scratch using ingredients that are prescribed by the doctor. This helps ensure that the patient gets the most out of his medication treatment and that he can comply with his schedule without having any difficulties.
- Specialty compounding offers more flexibility for physicians in terms of recommending medications for their patients.
Instead of just relying on what’s available on the market, physicians can now prescribe medications that’s based on the exact needs of patients to not only ensure that they get to recover from their illness but also reduce the risks for complications and adverse effects.
- With specialty compounding, pharmacists are given more freedom in helping patients with their medication requirements. They can work with both the doctor and patient in ensuring that medications are created specifically to address any restrictions, limitations and preferences to guarantee better compliance.
- Specialty compounding is not only limited to humans because it can also benefit veterinarians who are now able to offer more customized medications for any type of animal.
This doesn’t only allow for better delivery of medications but also allow animals to get the exact dosage that they need while avoiding possible complications. Some of the most popular forms for animals include chews, micro capsules and transdermal gels.
The different disease states where specialty compounding pharmacy is most beneficial
Although specialty compounding can be used for every type of medical condition, it is especially beneficial in treating these disease states:
Killing millions around the world, cancer is considered one of the most dreaded disease today. Some of the most common cancers that specialty compounding can help address include:
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia, a cancer of the bone marrow and blood
- Brain cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), a rare type of cancer of the blood cells
- Lung cancer
Different skin diseases affect millions of people today and they are best treated customized medications:
- Dermatomyositis, a rare inflammatory disease that causes rashes and muscle weakness.
- Psoriasis, a chronic disease affecting cell regeneration.
Neurological disorders affecting the body’s nervous systems require both the right care and treatment from physician and pharmacis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a rare disease of the nerve cells controlling voluntary muscle movement.
- Multiple sclerosis, a disease affecting the brain and spinal cord.
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract don’t only require proper lifestyle changes and therapy but also the right medications that are suited to the specific needs of a patient:
- Hepatitis A, B and C is an inflammatory condition of the liver.
- Crohn’s disease, a type of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Ulcerative colitis, another form of inflammatory bowel disease that cause long-term ulcers and inflammation of the digestive tract.
Rheumatic diseases that affect the bones, tendons, muscles, ligaments and joints need customized medications depending on their severity:
- Osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
A specialty compounding pharmacycan definitely help make a difference in how patients are treated for their medical conditions. With customized medication, doctors and other healthcare professionals will have more flexibility in prescribing and administering medications to patients to ensure the best results for their treatment plans.
Specialty compounding is also beneficial for patients who have special needs and restrictions because they now have the opportunity to enjoy excellent quality treatment without worrying about possible complications due to food allergies, dyes and other common concerns.
That is why compounding pharmacy should be pushed more into the mainstream market where it is set to redefine pharmacy over the next few years. Contact ustoday for you specialty pharmacy compounding needs.